06:19PM, Wednesday 13 October 2021
Maidenhead Fire Station has issued a safety message after firefighters attended a blaze in Slough.
The fire started when someone at the property on the fifth floor became distracted whilst they were cooking.
An evacuation of the five-storey block was required as a precaution whilst firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus and using a hose reel, extinguished the flames.
Nobody was injured as a result of the fire, and all residents, bar those in the affected property, have since been allowed to return to their homes.
A spokesperson for the fire station said: “The message from us is to keep looking if you’re cooking.
“Don’t leave it or get distracted – if you need to go away from it, switch it off, do what you need to do and then carry on.”
There will be displays at Windsor Racecourse and Legoland, local fireworks in Burnham and Twyford and smaller displays at schools in the Royal Borough.