Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman's body is found

James Preston

Reports of violent crime to Thames Valley Police increased by 30 per cent in last year

A murder investigation has been launched after a woman's body was found near Marlow Bottom.

Police were called to a property in Ragmans Lane just after 6.30am this morning, where they were confronted by a man who assaulted one of the officers.

A woman has found at the scene and pronounced dead.

A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is in police custody.

The woman's next of kin are yet to be informed and a post mortem date has not yet been confirmed.

The assaulted officer was taken to hospital, but has since been discharged.

A police scenewatch is in place at the the house and at nearby woods.

Senior investigating officer, Det Supt Chris Ward of the Major Crime Unit said: “We are in the process of investigating the incident and a murder investigation has been launched.

“We have also arrested a man in connection with this incident, and he has been taken into police custody.

“I would like to appeal for anyone who thinks they might have any information about this incident to get in touch with us by calling the non-emergency number 101.

“If you do not want to speak directly to the police you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. No personal details are taken, information is not traced or recorded and you will not go to court.”

Deputy Commander for High Wycombe Local Policing Area, Ch Insp Rebecca Mears added: “I would like to reassure the public that this is an isolated incident.

“Members of the public will see an increased police presence in the area and a number of roads have been closed while we conduct our enquiries.

“I have this morning been to Stoke Mandeville Hospital where our injured officer was taken. He has since been discharged from hospital.”

Update 3.22pm:

Leanne Coker, manager at the Harvester next to Ragmans Lane, said she saw about eight police cars ‘rushing past’ the pub at about 7.30am this morning.

She went out and approached a nearby police officer.

She said: “He told me there was a car accident.”

However, she thought the number of police cars meant it would be more than that. She also noticed a helicopter and fire engine in the area.

She then heard nothing until 12.30pm.

“Two officers came in, and said we are safe,” she said.

Editor's Picks

Most read

Top Articles