12:00PM, Friday 17 August 2012
The financial injection is due to be discussed by Royal Borough councillors at a cabinet meeting on Thursday.
The majority of the extra funding will be provided through S106 developers' contributions, bringing the total funding to £2.4m.
Cllr Simon Dudley, cabinet member for adult and community services, said: "Not only are we planning exciting new and upgraded sports facilities but also park and landscaping work that will be appreciated by people of all ages and abilities."
Nine new projects that are earmarked to benefit include:
• Expansion of the BodyZone gym and changing rooms at Charters Leisure Centre – £195,000.
• Improved changing rooms at Larchfield Community Centre, Desborough Park Pavilion, including upgrading toilets and showers in keeping with the new community centre adjoining the existing pavilion – £90,000.
• Improvements to Kidwells skate park, repainting the netball courts and more landscape improvements to the park – £175,000.
• Replacement play area and soft landscaping at Evenlode, Maidenhead – £125,000.
• Proposed new play area on Allens Field, Ascot – £75,000.
• Improvements to the Green Way between Cookham and Bray – £45,000.
• Landscape improvements to Windsor’s Thames Promenade – £45,000.
• Landscape improvements to Shifford Crescent play area, Maidenhead – £10,000.
• Re-provision of squash courts in Windsor – £270,000.
The meeting will take place from 7.30pm at Hurley Village Hall, High Street, Hurley.
Top Ten Articles
Police raided addresses in Lillibrooke Crescent, Cox Green, and in Crown Lane, Farnham Royal, at about 7.15am.