06:21AM, Sunday 20 November 2011
Three fire crews were called out to tackle a suspected chip pan fire in the Larchfield area this afternoon.
Appliances from Maidenhead, Slough and Wokingham were called to a flat in Rixman Close shortly before 3pm to extinguish the fire, which started in the kitchen.
No-one was home when it started so no-one was injured.
Although the cause of the fire is not confirmed, Delta crew watch manager Marcus Lewis took the opportunity to remind people to be careful when using chip pans.
"People should always be aware of the dangers of using chip pans and should not leave them unattended," he said.
Paramedics were called to the scene of a medical emergency in Maidenhead on Monday morning (June 27).
A teenager who died after getting into difficulty in the Jubilee River has been described as a ‘gentle giant’ in a tribute from his school.