10:09AM, Wednesday 29 February 2012
A boiler caught fire in the kitchen of a house in Lees Close on Monday.
Firefighters from Maidenhead's Green Watch were called to the scene at about 5.30pm.
A spokesman said no-one was at home when the fire broke out and it was discovered when a family member arrived to visit the property.
Two appliances attended and remained on scene until about 7pm.
The house had to be cleared of smoke but the damage was contained within the kitchen.
Top Ten Articles
Members of staff at Wexham Park Hospital have tested positive for coronavirus, and the elderly care ward affected has been closed to new admissions for two weeks.
Two women who had tested positive for COVID-19 and were being treated at Wexham Park Hospital have died, the trust which runs the hospital confirmed today (Monday).