08:55AM, Sunday 22 January 2012
Hotel guests were evacuated following a fire at the Olde Bell in Hurley this morning.
A small fire in the roof of the High Street hotel forced about a dozen customers out of their rooms at about 9.20am.
Two fire crews from Maidenhead attended and extinguished the fire and cleared smoke from the building. Watch manager Nigel Flatt said: “It was a bit of an inconvenience for some of the guests on a Sunday morning.
“Some of them were in still in their dressing gowns.”
The fire is believed to have been caused by a faulty light fitting.
Firefighters were later called to Gas Lane in Maidenhead to deal with a kitchen fire which is believed to have started in a dish washer at about 11am.
Top Ten Articles
Concerns have been raised by residents after they were ‘stopped and challenged’ by police when driving yesterday (Tuesday) for shopping and exercising.
Residents living in Berkshire and Buckinghamshire will enter a new Tier 4, equivalent to a lockdown – seeing the end of the hopes for relaxed of rules over the Christmas period.