Mon, 18
8 °C
Tue, 19
6 °C
Wed, 20
7 °C

Gas leak causes kitchen fire in Cookham Road

Fire services called to oven fire in Maidenhead

Firefighters put out a kitchen fire in Cookham Road this morning.

A crew from Maidenhead and two crews from Slough were called to the scene of the blaze at 6.30am and were there for about an hour and a half.

It is thought the fire started with gas leaking from the hob before flames then spread to the extractor fan.

Firefighters used a hose real and breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire.

No one was injured.

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Paid Stories

Most read

Top Ten Articles

M4 closures this weekend

M4 closures this weekend

The motorway will be out of action from junction 6 for Slough and 8/9, Maidenhead from 8pm tomorrow night (Friday), until 6am Monday.