Wed, 22
25 °C
Thu, 23
22 °C
Fri, 24
17 °C

Shops evacuated after air conditioning unit catches fire

George Roberts

Firefighters tackle garage fire in Maidenhead

Several shops were evacuated in Maidenhead last night after an air conditioning unit caught fire.

All the shops in the Maidenhead Retail Park, Stafferton Way, including Halfords and Homebase, were evacuated after an air conditioning unit behind the Pets At Home shop caught fire.

Four fire crews were called to the retail park at 6.10pm and were on the scene for about three hours putting out the blaze.

No people were harmed in the incident.

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Recent

Most read

Top Ten Articles

AS IT HAPPENED: A-level results day 2018

AS IT HAPPENED: A-level results day 2018

Hundreds of students across East Berkshire and South Bucks collected their results on Thursday, August 16

Our reporting team spoke to students in Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead throughout the morning with the latest reaction, stories, photos and pass rates from schools across the area.