03:25PM, Friday 21 May 2021
In the battle to protect our planet, REN has decided that like-minded skincare brands are allies, not competitors. They urge you to choose products that put sustainability at their core.
Five skincare pioneers – REN, Biossance, Caudalie, Herbivore and Youth to the People – have formed an alliance to help tackle waste, with a commitment to proper planet-friendly packaging by 2025: recyclable, reusable, and make with recycled materials.
Want to be part of it? Here’s are some suggestions for a sustainable skincare routine using those five brands:
1. Cleanse with Youth to the People’s Kale + Green Tea Superfood Cleanser (£31 for 237ml) If you can get your hands on it. It’s their best-seller at home in US and looks like Cult Beauty has already sold out in the UK. Keep your eyes on their site or take a look at the other products they have in the range. While you wait, try a cleanser from REN’s range. They’ve got one for everyone, and you won’t be disappointed.
2. Tone with REN’s Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic (£27 for 200ml). This isn’t one of those waste-of-time-removes-your-cleanser-kind-of-toners. This little beauty is sunshine in a (100% recyclable) bottle. A gentle introduction to the brightening powers of natural acids. Pop one in your basket here.
3. Lighten dark spots with Caudalie’s Vinoperfect Radiance Serum Complexion Correction (£46 for 30ml). If age spots are a concern, Caudalie’s got them covered with their bestselling serum. Buy it and try it here.
4. Brighten and hydrate with Biossance’s Squalene + Vitamin C Rose Oil (£61 for 30ml). A rose-tinted facial oil that’s a treat for dry, tired skin. Pick one up here.
5. Balance oily skin with Herbivore’s Lapis Balancing Facial Oil (£13 for 8ml, £63 for 50ml). Bold, blue and beautiful. A facial oil that’s suitable for blemish-prone skin. You’ll find it here.
REN has always been about keeping things clean. For skin, and for the planet. So full marks to them for leading this #WeAreAllies initiative.
A student from Maidenhead who suspects she was spiked with a needle on a night out after waking up in hospital the next day has urged people to report similar incidents to the police.