Tue, 21
24 °C
Wed, 22
25 °C
Thu, 23
21 °C

Fireman warns residents to be 'more like robots' after evacuations in Maidenhead kitchen fire

George Roberts

George Roberts

Slough firefighters called back to site of fire for a second day

Several people were evacuated from their home in Maidenhead after their kitchen caught fire.

Firefighters from Maidenhead fire station were called to the home in Lynton Green, just off Castle Hill at about 9pm last night (Saturday).

A fire had broken out in the home's newly-built kitchen, and five people had to be evacuated from the area as a result of the blaze.

No people were harmed in the incident.

Watch manager Chris Havers believed the fire was caused by a distraction while cooking.

He said: "45 per cent of fires in Berkshire are caused by a distraction while cooking.

"Something happens in the football, or the kids are being noisy and you get distracted. I think that's what happened here.

He also issued advice for any homeowners to help prevent fires in the future.

He said: "Have more than one working fire alarm, have a plan for if they go off, and when you are cooking try and be a bit more of a robot and don't be distracted."

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Recent

Most read

Top Ten Articles

AS IT HAPPENED: A-level results day 2018

AS IT HAPPENED: A-level results day 2018

Hundreds of students across East Berkshire and South Bucks collected their results on Thursday, August 16

Our reporting team spoke to students in Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead throughout the morning with the latest reaction, stories, photos and pass rates from schools across the area.