Mon, 25
12 °C
Tue, 26
12 °C
Wed, 27
12 °C

Firefighters put out chimney fire in Burnham

Grace Witherden

Slough firefighters called back to site of fire for a second day

Firefighters have urged residents to make sure their chimneys are cleaned after a fire in Burnham last night.

Maidenhead Fire crew spent around two hours putting out a chimney fire at a property in Lent Rise Road from 6.30pm.

The crew used an area ladder from Bucks Fire Station to assist them. 

No one was injured and the road was closed temporarily.

Firefighters said the cause of the fire was a build up of deposits in the chimney and said it needs to be cleaned at least twice a year if it used regularly, and once a year if it is not used often. 

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Recent

Most read

Top Ten Articles