Wed, 19
8 °C
Thu, 20
9 °C
Fri, 21
12 °C

Cigarette believed to be cause of house fire in Burnham

Georgina Bishop

Discarded cigarette butts cause bin fire in Langley

A fire ignited under some decking almost ‘broke through’ a home in Burnham today (Tuesday, September 18).

A crew from Maidenhead attended the blaze at Aldbourne Road at 9.30am and suspect it was started with a lit cigarette.

Neighbours first saw the blaze and attempted to put it out themselves using a hose after alerting the emergency services.

Two windows needed replacing, outside electrics were damaged and the soil pipe was destroyed. 

A spokesman said: “Always dispose your cigarettes carefully in a proper ash tray and empty into a metal container frequently.”

 

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Recent

Most read

Top Ten Articles