Wed, 22
25 °C
Thu, 23
22 °C
Fri, 24
17 °C

Firefighter issues smoke alarm warning following Burnham flat fire

David Lee

Firefighters tackle camper van fire on M4

A firefighter has reminded residents about the importance of smoke alarms following a flat fire in Burnham today.

Crews from Slough and Maidenhead fire stations were called to the scene off Priory Road at about 1pm. 

The blaze started in the kitchen after food had been left unattended on the hob.

The occupants managed to shut the door and evacuate the first-floor flat before raising the alarm. 

Crews arrived shortly after and spent about an hour bringing the fire under control.

Watch manager Phil Holdford, from Slough Fire Station, said the occupants had bought smoke alarms but hadn't got round to putting them up.

He warned people about the dangers of not having the 'life-saving' equipment.

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Recent

Most read

Top Ten Articles

AS IT HAPPENED: A-level results day 2018

AS IT HAPPENED: A-level results day 2018

Hundreds of students across East Berkshire and South Bucks collected their results on Thursday, August 16

Our reporting team spoke to students in Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead throughout the morning with the latest reaction, stories, photos and pass rates from schools across the area.