04:46AM, Thursday 18 October 2012
Firefighters used a triple extension ladder to tackle a chimney blaze in Bannard Road in Maidenhead yesterday evening.
One engine from Maidenhead Fire Station was called to the fire, just off Altwood Road, at 7.17pm.
The crew used the extension ladder and a hose reel jet to tackle the fire which was put out just before 10pm.
They also used thermal imaging camera and the chimney was reinspected later in the evening.
No one was injured in the blaze and damaged was confined to the chimney.
Top Ten Articles
Two men suffered stab wounds - with one in a serious condition in hospital - after an incident of grievous bodily harm in Maidenhead early this morning (Saturday).
A new era is on the horizon for Maidenhead as the state-of-the-art Braywick Leisure Centre opens this weekend, but the move will see the town wave goodbye to a key part of its history after 45 years.