05:37AM, Monday 30 June 2014
Firefighters from Maidenhead put out a fire in Pizza Hut this afternoon.
A box in the dumb waiter caught fire after it got too close to a light fitting in the King Street restaurant at about 5pm today.
The restaurant was evacuated and firefighters put the box out using a hose reel outside.
The restaurant was not badly damaged and it is open for business this evening.
Top Ten Articles
Two men suffered stab wounds - with one in a serious condition in hospital - after an incident of grievous bodily harm in Maidenhead early this morning (Saturday).
A new era is on the horizon for Maidenhead as the state-of-the-art Braywick Leisure Centre opens this weekend, but the move will see the town wave goodbye to a key part of its history after 45 years.