08:48AM, Monday 31 March 2014
A chimney fire in Pinkneys Green had to be extinguished by firefighters last night.
It caught fire at a home in Camley Park Drive at about 9.30pm.
One appliance from Maidenhead was sent to tackle the blaze, which took about an hour to extinguish.
A warning has now been issued to ensure all chimneys are regularly swept to avoid similar fires.
Top Ten Articles
Two men suffered stab wounds - with one in a serious condition in hospital - after an incident of grievous bodily harm in Maidenhead early this morning (Saturday).
A new era is on the horizon for Maidenhead as the state-of-the-art Braywick Leisure Centre opens this weekend, but the move will see the town wave goodbye to a key part of its history after 45 years.