10:55AM, Thursday 20 March 2014
Police are making progress in tackling courier cons and car crime, says the area's top cop.
It has included educating vulnerable people about how to stop falling victim to the cash-card conmen who dupe householders into giving card details over the phone.
Supt Ford said: "This area has seen 41 cases reported since November, we have made more than one arrest."
Another suspect is on bail until May.
She also said the battle against theft from vehicles is 'ongoing'.
From April 2013 to March 18 this year there were 892 smash-and-grab thefts recorded in the Royal Borough, compared to 978 in the same period 12 months before.
Police charged 30 people and cautioned one person for thefts from vehicles in the last year, compared to 24 charged and two cautioned in the previous 12 months.
Supt Ford added: "Help us to help you.
"Please, please, please do not leave valuables insecure."
Top Ten Articles
Two men suffered stab wounds - with one in a serious condition in hospital - after an incident of grievous bodily harm in Maidenhead early this morning (Saturday).
A new era is on the horizon for Maidenhead as the state-of-the-art Braywick Leisure Centre opens this weekend, but the move will see the town wave goodbye to a key part of its history after 45 years.