10:08AM, Sunday 16 March 2014
A halogen lamp which fell on the carpet caused a small fire at a house in Evenlode in Maidenhead in the early hours of this morning.
Two crews from Maidenhead were called out to the incident at 12.53am but arrived to find the fire was already out, but still creating a fair amount of smoke.
A woman and her two children were in the house at the time of the fire, and were taken to hospital as a precautionary measure to be checked out for smoke inhalation.
The crews left the scene at about 2.30am.
Top Ten Articles
Two men suffered stab wounds - with one in a serious condition in hospital - after an incident of grievous bodily harm in Maidenhead early this morning (Saturday).
A new era is on the horizon for Maidenhead as the state-of-the-art Braywick Leisure Centre opens this weekend, but the move will see the town wave goodbye to a key part of its history after 45 years.