Thu, 21
7 °C
Fri, 22
9 °C
Sat, 23
10 °C

House fire started after lit fireworks stuffed through letterbox

House fire started after lit fireworks stuffed through letterbox

Simon Meechan

House fire started after lit fireworks stuffed through letterbox

Reckless vandals stuffed lit fireworks through a back-door letterbox after throwing paint over a house in Maidenhead.

The trespassers got into the back garden of the home, in Norfolk Park Cottages, through a side gate between 7pm on Friday and about 2.30am the next morning.

They then broke into the garden shed by removing a pain of glass before stealing paint and throwing it over the rear of the house.

Lit fireworks were then forced through the letterbox which set fire to curtains hanging behind the door.

Fortunately the fire burnt out causing only minor damage.

Police are appealing for witnesses. Call 101 with information.

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Paid Stories

Most read

Top Ten Articles

M4 closures this weekend

M4 closures this weekend

The motorway will be out of action from junction 6 for Slough and 8/9, Maidenhead from 8pm tomorrow night (Friday), until 6am Monday.