08:44AM, Wednesday 06 November 2013
A large firework was let off into the side of Tenpin Bowling in St Cloud Way last night.
The firework hit the outside layer of the building and exploded before melting one of the insulating panels within the building.
Two appliances from Maidenhead attended and firefighters used a thermal image camera, three triple extension ladders, a hose reel and cutting equipment to remove the damaged panel and stop the fire spreading.
They were called at 11.03pm and were there for an hour.
Police also attended.
Top Ten Articles
Two men suffered stab wounds - with one in a serious condition in hospital - after an incident of grievous bodily harm in Maidenhead early this morning (Saturday).
A new era is on the horizon for Maidenhead as the state-of-the-art Braywick Leisure Centre opens this weekend, but the move will see the town wave goodbye to a key part of its history after 45 years.