02:14AM, Tuesday 05 November 2013
Mobile phone users in Maidenhead are still struggling with little to no signal five days after O2 removed a telephone mast.
The mast in King Street was removed on Thursday as the building which housed it is undergoing development.
Since then the network's customers in the town centre have experienced a limited service. Mobile internet has been unavailable, with some people also struggling to make and receive calls and texts.
According to the telecommunications giant, a temporary mast is being installed close to the original site. A spokesman said they expected work to continue throughout Saturday and Sunday.
The company has also said it has boosted signals from other masts to try and combat the disrupted service.
But today customers have said they are still experiencing a disrupted service.
Disgruntled customers have taken to Twitter to vent their frustrations.
The Slough based network have responded to the tweets stating: “The temp mast we've arranged around Maidenhead is expected to restore service by the end of this week.”
@O2 Get the maidenhead mast fixed ASAP you are ruining people's livelihoods.— Josie Fray (@ms_fray) November 5, 2013
@o2 please sort your lives out and fix your mast problems in Maidenhead, its a bloody joke!! Nearly a week now! £60 a month, great service— matthew (@discomatty01) November 4, 2013
Seriously @O2! we've still not got signal in Maidenhead...How can I soar like an eagle when my technology's letting me down?— David Phillips (@MrDCPhillips) November 4, 2013
Top Ten Articles
Wexham Park Hospital has urged members of the public to minimise pressures on services tomorrow by considering other treatment options before attending as the emergency department moves into the new assessment centre.