Mon, 20
25 °C
Tue, 21
23 °C
Wed, 22
25 °C

Woman suffers burns in kitchen fire

Woman suffers burns in kitchen fire

Francis Batt

Woman suffers burns in kitchen fire

A woman suffered burns to her arm when a kitchen fire broke out at a home in a home in Orchard Close, Maidenhead on Wednesday evening.

Two fire engines from Maidenhead went to the scene at 8.20pm with two breathing apparatus and one CO2 extinguisher used to put out the fire. The team left at 8.45pm after dousing the toaster which had been ablaze.

An ambulance crew also went to the scene to attend to the woman who had already been given first aid by the firefighters but she did not need to go to hospital.

Firefighters also put in a new smoke alarm.

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Recent

Most read

Top Ten Articles

AS IT HAPPENED: A-level results day 2018

AS IT HAPPENED: A-level results day 2018

Hundreds of students across East Berkshire and South Bucks collected their results on Thursday, August 16

Our reporting team spoke to students in Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead throughout the morning with the latest reaction, stories, photos and pass rates from schools across the area.