Mon, 20
25 °C
Tue, 21
23 °C
Wed, 22
25 °C

Cooking sausages on stove led to kitchen fire

Cooking sausages on stove led to kitchen fire

Lucy Golding

Emergency services were called to a house fire in Maidenhead last night after an unattended pan caught alight on a stove.

Two pumps were sent to the house in Wayside Mews at 8.10pm to put out the remainder of a fire that had started in the kitchen.

Two residents, said to be in their twenties, were in the property at the time.

They were planning on cooking sausages but had left an empty pan unattended on an ignited hob.

It caused smoke damage to the kitchen's cupboards and fire crews remained there for an hour and a half.

One person received medical treatment for smoke inhalation.

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Recent

Most read

Top Ten Articles

AS IT HAPPENED: A-level results day 2018

AS IT HAPPENED: A-level results day 2018

Hundreds of students across East Berkshire and South Bucks collected their results on Thursday, August 16

Our reporting team spoke to students in Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead throughout the morning with the latest reaction, stories, photos and pass rates from schools across the area.