A variety of surprises is planned for this year’s Maidenhead Living Advent Calendar, which kicks off in the town centre today (Thursday).
Each performance until December 23 will start at 5pm at a different venue in the town, with the Christmas Eve finale beginning at 3pm.
They will last approximately 15 minutes and could be anything from carol singing to a reading, an excerpt from a show, or even a workshop.
The first performance (1) this afternoon will be in the Nicholsons Centre.
The rest will be located as follows:
- Tomorrow (Friday) (2) – The Green Parrot Casual Dining, Queen Street
- Saturday (3) – Magnet Leisure Centre, Holmanleaze
- Sunday (4) – Two for Joy, Queen Street
- Monday (5) – David Lloyd, King Street
- Tuesday (6) – The Scooter Cafe Ltd, Queen Street
- Wednesday (7) – St Mary’s Church, St Mary’s Walk
- Thursday (8) – Craft Coop, Nicholsons Centre
- Friday, December 9 – Marks & Spencer, High Street
- Saturday, December 10 – Norden Farm Lantern Parade, outside Maidenhead Town Hall
- Sunday, December 11 – Gánh Vietnamese restaurant, Nicholsons Lane
- Monday, December 12 – Bianco Nero, Bridge Avenue
- Tuesday, December 13 – Pizza Hut, King Street
- Wednesday, December 14 – Tony Sheldon Travel, Brock Lane
- Thursday, December 15 – Yourz to Eat with performance in High Street
- Friday, December 16 – Boots, High Street
- Saturday, December 17 – Virgin Holidays, near Sainsbury’s, Providence Place
- Sunday, December 18 – Pierozek Polish Delicatessen, Market Street
- Monday, December 19 – Bistro Story, Queen Street
- Tuesday, December 20 – Gourmet Chicken Company, King Street
- Wednesday, December 21 – Enjoy Maidenhead with performance in High Street
- Thursday, December 22 – The Spicy Chef UK with performance in High Street
- Friday, December 23 – Pizza Della Mamma, Queen Street
- Christmas Eve (24) – Family-friendly finale at High Street Methodist Church at 3pm.
Town manager Steph James said: “We are really excited to be hosting our second Living Advent Calendar in Maidenhead this year.
“We had great feedback from the event last year and the support from local businesses wanting to get involved this year has been fantastic.
“Please come along and support the mini-events throughout December and enjoy Maidenhead’s advent experience.”
Visit www.enjoymaidenhead.com for more details of Christmas events in Maidenhead.
Don’t forget, weekend parking is free in Maidenhead town centre until the Christmas weekend.
Boxing Day and Tuesday, December 27 are also free.