Football round-up: Marlow continue their march in Isthmian League South Central

Nnamdi Nwachuku is having an impressive season for The Blues. Photo: Alex Hockley


Marlow FC extended their unbeaten run in the division to five games having defeated Bracknell Town 1-0 at Bottom Meadow on Saturday afternoon.

Nnamdi Nwachuku scored the solitary goal in the 39th minute and The Blues defence held together as strongly as they have been since the start of the campaign to ensure, yet another, clean sheet.

According to playmakerstats on Twitter, across the top eight tiers of English football, Mark Bartley’s men are one of four teams that have won every league game they have played this season.

The victory over The Robins flies them into third place.


Slough Town picked up a point on the road on Saturday afternoon, drawing 1-1 with Hungerford Town in the National League South.

The result comes a week after The Rebels were dumped out of the FA Cup by Whitehawk, a performance Jon Underwood and Neil Baker condemned as ‘disgraceful’.

Against the Crusaders, the joint bosses were treated to a better display of football as Slough took the lead, after numerous attempts, just past the hour mark courtesy of Tom Derry.

Perhaps a lapse in concentration, tired legs, or a combination of both, but the home side levelled the game in dramatic fashion with George Smith’s thumping strike in the 90th minute.

As a result, the Rebels slip to 18th in the table while Hungerford sit in 16th.


Windsor FC were knocked out of the FA Vase via a 5-1 loss at Wellingborough Whitworth.

Mark Cooper had told the club’s media on Friday afternoon that the fixture was a big one for his side and their focus was very much on ‘going deep’ in the tournament.

However, The Royalists had barely got their feet wet in the competition as they were eliminated in the second qualifying round thanks to goals from M Judge, R Lovell (two), R Brittain, and R Fensom.

Lindell Stewart scored Windsor’s only goal of the afternoon in the 56th minute.


Burnham FC keep their FA Vase dreams alive having beaten Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 3-0 in the competition’s second qualifying round at The 1878 Stadium.

Firas Chniba opened the scoring for The Blues inside 25 minutes, Ethan Light made it two with a smart header at the back post in the 41st minute, and Jayden Moore hit the third in the 85th.

At full time, boss Ash James said: “It was just what we needed. You never know how a game is going to go in the FA Vase but we have done really well today.

“I’m proud of the whole squad because they did exactly what we asked of them. All round, it’s been a great day.”


Flackwell Heath emerged victorious in a six-goal thriller with Oxhey Jets in the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division.

It’s only The Heathens’ second win of the season, but this victory will have undoubtedly given Marcus Richardson reasons to be cheerful.

Speaking to the Advertiser earlier in the week, boss Richardson called on his side to show more of a ‘killer instinct’ in front of goal and they did just that against the Jets.

Jack Taylor (40’) and Adam Thomas (45’) scored two with no reply before the break, while Simeon Weekes (65’) and Kane Guy (83’) finished a couple more after the visitors scored in the 52nd minute.

The Jets grabbed the last goal of the game in the 90th minute.


Holyport FC were humbled 4-1 by St Panteleimon in the Combined Counties, with the Saints moving to the top of the division in the process, while Port slip to 14th.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Editor's Picks

Most read

Top Articles