05:49PM, Tuesday 31 July 2018
A Yorkshire terrier who was put in a washing machine by a toddler in Maidenhead was rescued by firefighters this morning (Tuesday).
Firefighters were called from Slough Fire Station to a home in St Mark’s Road at 10.42am and located the washing machine’s emergency release latch and recovered the soaking dog.
A spokesman for the fire station said the terrier was ‘very damp and in need of a lot of affection, but otherwise alright’.
“You do feel a bit sorry for it, it can’t be that nice going round that drum until a grown up noticed,” he added.
He recommended that parents turn off appliances like washing machines when not using them.
Top Ten Articles
Hundreds of students across East Berkshire and South Bucks collected their results on Thursday, August 16
Our reporting team spoke to students in Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead throughout the morning with the latest reaction, stories, photos and pass rates from schools across the area.