03:00PM, Sunday 24 July 2016
Here is what some of the groups from across the area have been up to recently:
- Time on the Water badges will be given to Furze Platt Beavers who learned to kayak at Taplow Lake.
They took part in a session on Monday, July 11 which also
- Smarties proved to be the answer for 4th Burnham Brownies, who raised £169 by filling the sweet tubes with 20p pieces.
They donated the money and groceries to Slough Foodbank and received a talk from the manager about its work.
- Achievements were celebrated at the Windsor Horse Rangers awards day.
The rangers work towards badges throughout the year, with each taking about two years to achieve.
To do this, they have to pass three sections – riding, theory and stable management – to be awarded the badge and move up to the next level.
There are five levels, one in junior rangers (for ages eight to 10) and four in senior rangers (10-18). The rangers also receive certificates.
At the awards day on July 3 at the farm in Forest Green Road, Fifield, trophies were also handed out, including Ranger of the Year for Ellie Whiter, 16, from the seniors and Evie Rooke, nine, from the juniors.
- Maidenhead Trefoil continued the Queen’s 90th birthday celebrations with afternoon tea (inset picture) at Savill Gardens on July 7, joining other members of Trefoil Guild in Berkshire.
- 19th Maidenhead Cubs enjoyed splashing around at Liquid Leisure in Datchet on Wednesday, July 13.
- An exciting day at Winchester Science Museum earlier this month helped 1st Cox Green Brownies to complete their Science Investigator Badge.
- A sleepover at Chessington World of Adventures marked the end of term for 2nd Wooburn Guides. The group of 23 Guides enjoyed a weekend of rollercoasters, hot chocolate and meeting zoo animals.
They recently had a visit from Feathers and Fur.
Top Ten Articles