Danilo nets quickfire hat-trick as Magpies put Stones to the sword

Danilo Orsi-Dadomo. Photo by George Tewkesbury


Wealdstone 0, Maidenhead United 6

Danilo Orsi-Dadomo scored a seven-minute hat-trick as Maidenhead United hammered Wealdstone 6-0 this evening (Tuesday) to revive their slim hopes of a play-off finish.

The visitors took the lead in the first half when Sam Barratt pounced on a defensive error to find the net, and Dan Sparkes scored twice in the final 10 minutes after victory had been rubber-stamped by Orsi-Dadomo’s quick-fire treble.

Victory over the Stones, United’s first three-point haul in six matches, lifts the side to 13th in the National League table, eight points off the top seven with matches in hand over all the sides above them.

Wealdstone’s form has nosedived of late with the side conceding 16 goals in their last three matches, defeats against Boreham Wood (3-1), Hartlepool United (7-2) and Maidenhead (6-0).

The Magpies have also put 10 goals past the Stones without reply in doing the double over them this season.

Barratt had the ball in the net as early as the 14th minute, but it was ruled out after he strayed offside in the build-up. Orsi-Dadomo then served warning of what was to come in the second half when he tested the Stones’ keeper after being set up by James Comley.

Manny Parry then nearly scored a second goal in as many games in the 28th minute but his header flew narrowly wide of the target.

However, Barratt buried the chance to fire the Magpies in front in the 34th minute and Alan Devonshire’s men more than built on their advantage in the second half as the hosts caved.

Orsi-Dadomo tapped home at the far post to double the visitors’ advantage in the 65th minute and he netted twice more to make it 4-0 before being substituted for Josh Kelly in the 73rd minute. Kelly went close with an effort that was tipped over the bar by Askew in the 76th minute but the floodgates had been well and truly opened by that stage. Sparkes got in on the act in the 80th minute before helping himself to a second five minutes later to round off the evening’s scoring at Grosvenor Vale.

On an evening of highs there was only one low, with defender George Wells forced off by injury in the seventh minute. He was replaced by Seth Twumasi.

United will look to build on their most convincing win of the season when they host 19th placed Woking at York Road on Saturday, 3pm kick-off.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Editor's Picks

Most read

Top Articles