Football round-up:Maidenhead United slip up to AFC Fylde but Windsor rally to beat Lydney Town

Maidenhead United 1, AFC Fylde 2

The Magpies ended a memorable 2017 in defeat after letting slip a first half lead.

The hosts went ahead on 42 minutes when Harry Pritchard scored from the penalty spot following a foul on Moses Emmanuel.

However, a strong Fylde side gained revenge for their 4-1 loss at home in August when Lewis Montrose, 70 minutes, and Jack Muldoon, on 83 minutes, netted to inflict the Magpies’ first defeat at York Road since November 11.


Marlow 1, Uxbridge 1

Marlow earned a point at home to mid-table Uxbridge.

The Blues took the lead on 39 minutes when Isaac Osei-Tutu scored, but the visitors netted 13 minutes from time through Dylan Kearney.


Windsor 2, Lydney Town 1

Windsor picked themselves up from the disappointing defeat to rivals Ascot United on Boxing Day to overcome Lydney at Stag Meadow.

The hosts enjoyed the perfect start to go 2-0 ahead after 18 minutes thanks to goals from Andrew Ingram and Riccardo Cannon.

It could have been even better on 40 minutes but Kieran Knight was off-target with a penalty.

Lewis Halford levelled on 86 minutes to set up a tense finish, but Windsor defended well to keep all three points.


Fairford Town 1, Burnham 1

Burnham came from behind to earn a point at relegation rivals Fairford Town.

The hosts had taken the lead on 80 minutes through debutant Dan Gardner only for the visitors to hit back with a leveller six minutes later.


Barnsley 1, Reading 1

Yann Kermorgant scored his first goal of the season for the Royals, but it was only enough to earn a point at Oakwell as the home side bagged a late equaliser.

After a goalless first half, it was Reading who broke the deadlock on 68 minutes when Kermorgant headed home Tyler Blackett’s cross.

However, the hosts made it all square on 90 minutes when Ethan Pinnock nodded in from close range


Wycombe Wanderers 1, Mansfield Town 2

A Lee Angol goal on 81 minutes ensured Wycombe finished 2017 with defeat at home to Mansfield town.

The Chairboys took the lead on seven minutes when Adebayo Akinfenwa headed home his 13th goal of the season.

But  Alfie Potter on 53 minutes and Angol 10 minutes from time gave the Stags all three points.


Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Recent

Most read

Top Ten Articles