Three fire crews were called out to tackle a suspected chip pan fire in the Larchfield area this afternoon.
Appliances from Maidenhead, Slough and Wokingham were called to a flat in Rixman Close shortly before 3pm to extinguish the fire, which started in the kitchen.
No-one was home when it started so no-one was injured.
Although the cause of the fire is not confirmed, Delta crew watch manager Marcus Lewis took the opportunity to remind people to be careful when using chip pans.
"People should always be aware of the dangers of using chip pans and should not leave them unattended," he said.
Top Ten Articles
It's time to get voting as readers get their chance to decide the winner of the Independent Retailer of the Year at the inaugural Windsor and Maidenhead Business Awards.