Couple treated for smoke inhalation after electric blanket fire

Couple treated for smoke inhalation after electric blanket fire

Reporter:

Amanda Hall

comments 0
Couple treated for smoke inhalation after electric blanket fire

A couple in Maidenhead were treated for smoke inhalation after waking up to find their electric blanket on fire.

The man and woman managed to put out the blaze in their bedroom in Woodstock Close at 2.27am today before calling the fire service.

Fire crews from Maidenhead attended and treated the couple with oxygen before calling an ambulance.

Nicole Targett, Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue spokeswoman, said the fire could have been 'much worse' because there were no smoke alarms in the house.

"Smoke detectors really are a life saving piece of equipment to have," she said.

Firefighters fitted the house with smoke alarms before leaving the scene at 3.29am.

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Shared

Most Commented

Photo Galleries

Top Ten Articles