Family escape from house fire

Family escape from house fire


Daniel Darlington

comments 0
Family escape from house fire

A family escaped unharmed from a house fire in Australia Avenue in Maidenhead this morning.

Firefighters from Maidenhead and Slough were called to the semi-detached property at 5am after an electric heater caught fire and set alight clothes which were drying next to it.

The family of two adults and four children were woken when their smoke detector alarm sounded.

The upstairs and landing area of the property was damaged by the fire.

"The reason no one was injured is because of this early warning," said blue watch crew manager Tom Woolgar.

“We would urge people to test their alarms regularly to make sure they are working."

Four firefighters, using breathing apparatus and hose jets, put out the fire, and both crews left the scene at 7.45am.

Smoke was blown from the upstairs of the property using a Positive Pressure Van.

"We would urge people not to dry clothes or put obstructions next to these heaters," said crew manager Woolgar.


Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Baylis Media Photo Gallery

Most Shared

Most Commented

Top Ten Articles