Warning after electrical cupboard catches fire

Warning after electrical cupboard catches fire

Reporter:

Steve Scott

comments 0
Warning after electrical cupboard catches fire

A warning has gone out to householders after an electrical cupboard caught fire in Maidenhead yesterday.

Firefighters from Maidenhead were called to a house in Braywick Road at about 1.30pm but the fire had mostly gone out when they arrived.

Firefighter Martin Simmonds said: "We're trying to push electrical safety at the moment, especially in electrical cupboards as a lot of people are overloading them.

"They were lucky it was during the daytime and we could get to it quickly. If it had been at night it would've been a different story."

The crew installed two smoke alarms.

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Shared

Most Commented

Photo Galleries

Top Ten Articles