A rush hour train from Maidenhead into London Paddington has been named the busiest in the country.
The 7.44am service from Henley-on-Thames, which gets into Maidenhead at 8.04am, came top of a Department for Transport list of the 10 most congested trains in England and Wales.
This is the same service that leaves Wargrave at 7.51am and Twyford at 7.56am. It then stops at Maidenhead before travelling straight through to London - arriving at 8.28am.
Data shows the service was running at a load factor of 180 per cent - almost double its capacity.
First Great Western has recently strengthened the 7:44am service by adding an additional carriage, so that the number of standard class seats has increased to 340.
But passengers are still having problems. Tara Crosby said on Twitter two weeks ago: "Maidenhead to London - trains are constantly delayed, less carriages and absolutely rammed."
Responding to the findings, transport minister Norman Baker said: "Rail has experienced unprecedented growth in recent years.
"That is why we are investing in more carriages, longer trains and better services and funding major projects like HS2, Crossrail and Thameslink, all of which will significantly boost capacity on our rail network."
The list was compiled from data collected in Autumn 2011.
The full list:
1. 7:44am service from Henley on Thames to London Paddington – load factor 180 per cent
2. 7:32am service from Woking to London Waterloo – load factor 164 per cent
3. 6:13pm service from London Euston to Birmingham New Street – load factor 162 per cent
4. 4:48pm service from London Euston to Birmingham New Street – load factor 160 per cent
5. 6:30am service from Banbury to London Paddington – load factor 158 per cent
6. 7:55am service from Stourbridge Junction to Stratford-upon-Avon – load factor 157 per cent
7. 6:23am service from Manchester Airport to Middlesbrough – load factor 155 per cent
8. 6:17pm service from London Liverpool Street to Shenfield – load factor 154 per cent
9. 7:14am service from Alton to London Waterloo – load factor 152 per cent
10. 5:46pm service from London Euston to Birmingham New Street – load factor 152 per cent
COMMENT: Do you use the service and is it still congested? Tell us your daily experience in the box below.
Top Ten Articles
Police officers can be seen at Ten Pin Bowling in Maidenhead tonight following an incident earlier today.