01:02AM, Thursday 18 July 2013
Piles of rubbish were left by travellers who pitched up on private land in Down Place.
Fifteen caravans set up camp after a fence was broken before another five arrived on Sunday.
Police served a Section 61 to the group on Monday who left the same evening leaving behind piles of rubbish in their wake.
It is the second time within a week travellers have set up camp within the town after a group arrived on Maidenhead Town Moor last week.
Speaking at Bray Parish Council meeting on Monday Cllr David Coppinger, cabinet member for adult services and health, said the borough had received a new planning application for a traveller site in Datchet.
"I am now looking for more sites because as much as everyone would prefer these sites not to be around the corner from them, we have to find more," he said at the meeting.
Top Ten Articles
Two Slough men who launched an ‘unprovoked attack’ on a man and a woman in Maidenhead town centre have been sentenced to four and a half years in prison.