Reminder issued after tumble dryer fire

Reminder issued after tumble dryer fire

Reporter:

Nicola Hine

comments 0
Reminder issued after tumble dryer fire

A dust-clogged tumble dryer caught fire in a house in Pinkneys Drive last night.

Two appliances from Maidenhead were called out to deal with the blaze at about 9.30pm.

The fire brigade has issued a reminder to homeowners after finding the cause of the fire was the fact the machine had apparently never been cleaned out.

Firefighter Michael Lovegrove from Bluewatch said: "If you are using a tumble dryer make sure you clean the filters out regularly."

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Shared

Most Commented

Photo Galleries

Top Ten Articles

Update: Man dies following M4 crash

Update: Man dies following M4 crash

The crash, which took place at about 7am today (Thursday), involved three vehicles. One man sadly died as a result of the collision and his next of kin have been informed.