A Businessman has said a two-and-a-half year battle with the Royal Borough over an advertising banner has damaged his company and affected his health.
The borough said Mr Remington, from Holyport Road, did not have full planning consent to display a banner on the railings of the garden centre forecourt and prosecuted him for his non-compliance to remove it.
But in a U-turn by the council it has now advised the 50-year-old only needs to provide a letter from his landlord granting permission to display the sign which he has now done.
"The council needs torching and starting again," said the business owner.
"They really do not know what they're doing."
Mr Remington, who set up his business in 2010, added that during the time he has being unable to put up his sign his business has suffered.
"All of a sudden I was made to trade invisibly," he added.
"I have had people coming in saying I thought you had closed because the sign has gone down.”
Since putting his advertising banner back up last week, which is the same one he was originally told to remove by the borough, Mr Remington says he has already seen a difference to his business.
But he added the cost of the battle with the borough on his health is less easily fixed.
"I have become very shaky, it has got me smoking again. You just cannot relax,” he said.
The borough said it had written to Mr Remington to confirm that, provided his banner complies with the advertisement regulations, planning permission would not be needed to display it.
It would not comment further.
Top Ten Articles
The crash, which took place at about 7am today (Thursday), involved three vehicles. One man sadly died as a result of the collision and his next of kin have been informed.