10:47AM, Thursday 23 May 2013
It's a big week for Sean Rumsey as he bids to become the next winner of The Voice.
The 26-year-old from Maidenhead is due on screen again this weekend in the battle round of the BBC talent show.
He is competing as part of Team Danny, having chosen The Script's Danny O'Donoghue as his mentor.
The Irishman and Sir Tom Jones both hit their red buttons during Sean's blind audition.
He sang the Maroon 5 song Payphone and admits it was nerve-wracking looking at the backs of the judges' chairs.
"It was right at the end they turned and I didn't expect them to," he said. "When they did I was really relieved."
As a big fan of The Script, his aim was always to be on Danny's team.
"But Tom is a bit of a legend," he added. "My mum was disappointed I chose Danny."
Songwriter Sean, who hails from the Midlands but lives in Maidenhead with his girlfriend Josielyn Rosini, tried unsuccessfully to get on the first series of The Voice but was scouted to try out for this year's show.
He described his emotions during the audition as mixed as he got off to a 'shaky' start but managed to pull it back.
He even shared a moment with judge Will.i.am over his taste in shoes.
But Sean is no stranger to the music scene.
He reached the live shows of X-Factor 2007 with the boyband Futureproof, which he said was an 'amazing experience' and even took part in the X-Factor tour.
Since then Sean has been gigging and did some work in music production before his The Voice experience began.
He cites Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye and Maroon 5 singer Adam Levine among his influences.
His 'battle', which will see him compete against a fellow team member for the chance to progress to the next stage of the competition, was due to be filmed this week and will be screened on either Saturday or Sunday.
Sean was not allowed to reveal any details, except to say Josielyn would be there to watch.
"She's really supportive. But I think she'll be nervous as well," he said.
"It makes me want to do even better."
Watch a video of Sean's audition below.
Top Ten Articles
Two Slough men who launched an ‘unprovoked attack’ on a man and a woman in Maidenhead town centre have been sentenced to four and a half years in prison.