Phone charger under duvet caused house fire

Phone charger under duvet caused house fire

Reporter:

Philip Dewey

comments 0
Phone charger under duvet caused house fire

A phone charger left under a duvet caused an electrical fire which destroyed a bedroom at a property in Maidenhead.

Firefighters from Maidenhead Fire Station were called to the house in Wootton Way at 9.44pm on last night and didn't leave the property until 12am.

Two breathing apparatus and a hose reel were used to put out the fire.

There were no casualties as the occupants of the house were at work.

A spokesman from the Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire damage could have been avoided if the property had a smoke alarm.

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Shared

Most Commented

Photo Galleries

Top Ten Articles

Update: Man dies following M4 crash

Update: Man dies following M4 crash

The crash, which took place at about 7am today (Thursday), involved three vehicles. One man sadly died as a result of the collision and his next of kin have been informed.