11:30AM, Tuesday 20 September 2016
'Someone will know who he is' is the message from police after the mothers of two girls who were sexually assaulted Legoland spoke out about the attack on Crimewatch last night (Monday).
The six-year-olds were touched inappropriately on a family trip to the Winkfield Road resort on August 11.
The offence happened at the Castaway Camp in the Pirate Shores area of the theme park between 12.15pm and 12.30pm.
The girls had put Legoland on a ‘bucket and spade list’ of places they wanted to visit in the summer holidays.
As the two girls played at the playground one of the mothers went to get tea while the other one waited at the entrance because there is only ‘one way in and one way out’.
One of the mothers told the programme: “I would not ever think that there was another adult in there.”
The girls ran into the furthest tower, thought to be the white one, where they were sexually assaulted.
The man had ‘cradled’ one girl between the legs to ‘put her on a slide’ after she told him she did not want help getting on to it.
The girl described to her mother that the man had pulled her knickers down and ‘given her a kiss down there’.
The other girl was touched underneath her shorts.
The incident lasted approximately two minutes and the offender was also seen talking to other children and offering to help lift them onto play equipment.
One of the mothers said: "I have never felt so much hatred for anybody in my life."
He is described as a white man, in his teens or early 20s, possibly under 5ft 8ins. He was wearing dark-coloured slim fitting trousers, a dark-coloured T-shirt and trainers.
On August 11, about 14,200 people were at Legoland.
Police are asking anyone who was there to check their photos from the day and share anything with OperationLoyal@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk.
Investigating officer, Detective Chief Inspector Andy Howard, said: “The offender may have travelled to Legoland on the day of the offence with others, either his own family or with friends, however at the time of the offence he was described as being alone.
“Please look at the E-Fit; this man is somebody’s son, and he could be somebody’s father, partner or brother. Someone will know who he is and I would urge you to come forward with information. Any names that the public put forward can be implicated or eliminated from our investigation very quickly.”
A 22-year-old man from Bracknell previously arrested in connection with the investigation had been re-bailed but has now been released without charge.
Call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Top Ten Articles
Two Slough men who launched an ‘unprovoked attack’ on a man and a woman in Maidenhead town centre have been sentenced to four and a half years in prison.