05:36PM, Thursday 20 July 2017
Two crews from Maidenhead Fire Station were called to a chemical spill at Desborough College this morning (Thursday).
Crews arrived at the scene at about 10.15am followed by a special appliance from Reading carrying chemical spill equipment and left the scene at about 1pm.
Firefighters said a container, which is believed to have contained nitric acid, ruptured in a store cupboard on the first floor.
Two teachers from the school in Shoppenhangers Road were taken to a hospital as a precaution.
Top Ten Articles
Two Slough men who launched an ‘unprovoked attack’ on a man and a woman in Maidenhead town centre have been sentenced to four and a half years in prison.