Here is a round-up of what some of the groups have been up to:
- As part of their Superhero Challenge Badge, 1st Furze Platt Rainbows made capes, masks and cuffs, which they wore to their meeting on Tuesday, June 28, and learned about real-life superheroes.
- Jess Glynne, Fleur East and Lawson were among the artists enjoyed by 1st Pinkneys Green Guides (Miss Baden Powell's Own) when they attended The BIGGIG 2016 – a concert at Wembley Arena held by Girlguiding UK.
- A bell boating session at Longridge was enjoyed by 1st Bray Brownies on Tuesday, June 28.
- Charlotte Piggott and Hollie Alderson, 15, have been presented with the Baden Powell Challenge Award. It is the highest award a Guide can achieve, and to gain it they undertook various tasks including a fitness challenge, producing a cookbook of healthy recipes and gaining the active response and first aid badges. The girls attend 8th Maidenhead Guides.
- There was success for Cubs from 1st and 19th Maidenhead on Sunday at the annual Berkshire Scouts Dragon Boat Regatta.
They split into teams – Mighty Maidenhead and the Maidenhead Challengers – to compete against others from across the county and the Mighty team finished third overall.
Cub scout Barney Pawson said: “It was epic that we made it into the final again this year.”
- Three-legged, one-legged and sack dash races were enjoyed by 9th Maidenhead Cubs as they completed their Athletics Activity Badge. The pack has places for eight to 10-year-olds from September. Email email@example.com
Top Ten Articles
The Met Office has issued a yellow alert for Windsor and Maidenhead, Slough and Wokingham, warning that rain moving eastwards across the south of the country may turn to snow in some places.