All the latest Maidenhead news

Baylis Media Ltd
Saturday 25 June 2016 6:05 AM

Maidenhead United FC News

17:48 Saturday 18 October 2014  Written by Dan Darlington

Football round-up: Late drama as Magpies share the spoils with Concord Rangers

Dave Tarpey
Dave Tarpey

Concord Rangers 2, Maidenhead United 2

Tony Stokes grabbed an injury minute equaliser to deny Maidenhead United their third straight win in the league at Concord Rangers.  

Stokes lobbed Elvijs Putnins which an exquisite chip from the edge of the box in the 92nd minute, just 60 seconds after substitute Dave Tarpey scored what looked like being a winner for the Magpies.

Lewis Taafe put the home side in front on 15minutes when the United defence was caught napping by Ogilvie’s clever wing play, but his blotted his copy-book with a red card in the 42nd minute to hand the initiative to the Magpies.

Cawley could have made it 2-0 to Rangers with a shot that went over the bar at the start of the second half, before Tarpey smashed home United’s leveller off the base of the post and in in the 63rd minute.

The referee evened up the red-cards with the dismissal of Maidenhead’s Reece Tison-Lascaris  after an altercation with Danny Glozier on the floor.

United thought they’d won it when Tarpey grabbed his second of the game with a tap in following Aaron Lennox’s missed punch, but Stokes had the final say and his sublime chip earned the home side a share of the spoils.

Cambridge City 3, Slough Town 3

Ed Smith pounced to score in a goal mouth scramble as Slough Town came from two-goals down to earn a 3-3 draw at Cambridge City.

It looked like being a long afternoon for the Rebels when Bacon volleyed into the roof of the net in the opening minutes and City doubled their advantage when Dawkin was allowed to run at the heart of the visitors defence and fire beyond Gogic.

Bacon missed the chance to secure the points when his shot was saved by the feet of Gogic before Reece Yorke headed home James Dobson’s free-kick to make it 2-1.

However, Dawkin fired home his second of the game to make it 3-1 to City at the break.

Bacon could have finished off the Rebels, but headed over from yards out and the momentum swung to the visitors when Dobson’s crossed was turned home by Scott Harris to make it 3-2.

The impetus was now with Slough and Jake Parson’s low drive was well held by the City keeper, but with minutes remaining, Smith hooked home in a goal-mouth scramble to end the Rebels’ four game losing streak.

Burnham 0, Corby Town 3

Corby Town showed why they’re flying high in the Southern League Premier Division with a 3-0 win over Burnham at The Gore.

Cleveland Taylor put Corby ahead in the sixth minute before Weir-Daley doubled their advantage just before the half-hour mark. The Blues were better after the break but Greg Mills’ netted in the 47th minute to kill off any hope of a come back.

Didcot Town 3, Marlow 1

Marlow’s faltering form was exposed again as they bowed out of the FA Trophy at Didcot Town.

The Blues were beaten 3-1 with John Mills scoring from the penalty spot before chipping home the second.

Lee Barney, Marlow’s only regular contributor of goals this season, replied for the Blues, but Adam Learoyd restored Didcot’s two-goal cushion before the break and Marlow failed to make a breakthrough in the second half.

Windsor 2, Hanworth Villa 0

Windsor secured their sixth straight win with a comfortable 2-0 victory over bottom-club Hanworth Villa at Stag Meadow.

Dan Molloy grabbed both goals for the Royalists in the 39th and 54th minute.

The result keeps Mick Woodham’s men in touching distance of the leading side’s in the Combined Counties Premier Division. They remain fifth, a point behind Camberley Town.

Flackwell Heath 2, Brimscombe & Thrupp 1

Heathens Captain Ben Sturgess scored the winner with a minute to go as Flackwell Heath overcame a  persistent Brimscombe & Thrupp at Wilks Park.

The Heathens led at the break and held a man advantage after Brimscombe’s Tim Bond received his marching orders.

But the visitors levelled in the second half and Flackwell looked set to drop valuable points until Sturgess scored at the death.

Holyport 1, Shrivenham 0

Luke Dexter’s second half free-kick earned Holyport a scrappy 1-0 home win over Shrivenham.

The home side missed a raft of chances in the opening period, but Dexter’s free-kick, together with a clean sheet, took Port to their second successive league victory, after last weekend's 2-1 home win over Brimscombe & Thrupp.

< Back